Thursday, May 10, 2012

Not so College Plans

I know most people will be leaving for college before the end of summer, but I am taking a semester off to find myself. I am not going to stay at home and do absolutely nothing. I am planning to do something a bit more adventurous. I am going to Africa on mission trip. I am super excited for it. I get to go and help individual find peace and joy within themselves through God. I am planning to mainly focus on orphanages and the younger generation, because I feel like I will be able to relate to them on a more personal level then, the individuals who are older than I am. Still I am terrified. I have a HUGE fear of snakes and when I see a snake I scream and run away. When I am in the jungles I do not think that plan will work out. I just need to get over the fear of them by late August; I have no idea how though. Still, I am willing to put my fear aside to help people when their problems are actually more important than my fear.

1 comment:

  1. Hang out with my six year-old for a while; he'll help you lose your fear of snakes! Hopefully, you just don't see that many snakes while you are in Africa. I think you are doing something fantastic, for both yourself and the world, so congratulations and good luck!

    ReplyDelete