Monday, April 23, 2012

College Choices

I went on a bunch of college visits over my spring break and a couple things scared me. A lot. In one of my college visits hazing was allowed on campus. The seniors had the “opportunity” to humiliate freshmen, anytime or anywhere. I think that is just wrong.  It is harmful to the individual it ruins their self-confidence about themselves. Also the college encourages it, and helps them out sometimes. Some people might not view it as hazing but if it makes individuals uncomfortable then they should be opted out of the activity. Another college allows opposite sex to room on the same floor. That would not be a problem if they were not living side by side, which is a little risky. I will admit I am a little sheltered but that just seems to open up to many problems that could occur for the beginning of your high school career. I need to make a decision soon, but I still do not know where I want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment